Translate

jueves, 7 de agosto de 2014

PICTURES OF ALECIA



It is a pleasure for us to share this note with Lic. Alecia Jacqueline Kelly, an accessible person, who was enthusiastic to collaborate.  In this small space of diffusion, we always want to give an opportunity to our “interviewee”, and this is not an exception. Alecia replied in good spirits to our inquiries, immersing us into a narrative which does not lose objectivity, and the same time, carries us into her own perception of her art, without omitting details about her life, the place where she lives, its landscapes and her wonderful family.
For this motive, what we could add it is not as significant as we read her own relation.  [Editor/s]  



I was born in Hemet, a city in the desert Southern California, but moved before I began kindergarten to the more rustic and almost untouched mountains of beautiful Northern California, where I lived until graduated from High School.
I have lived many places over the past ten years, including Hawaii, and the east coast of the United States  -Pennsylvania and North Carolina- before returning to Redding in Northern California, where I now reside with my little son -who will be three in November- to be close to family.
Redding is where it  maintains a residence of World renowned Spanish Architect and Engineer Santiago Calatrava’s famous Sun Dial Bridge spanning the Sacramento River (n.e.: again mentor del Woman Bridge; Puerto Madero, Argentina), to only miles from scenic Whiskeytown and Shasta lakes. In addition we are only an hour or so from the impressive and gorgeous Mount Shasta (one of the 5 highest peaks in California with 4.322 meters high). This environment is peaceful and inspirational but also offers something for those who seek adventure with various popular activities such as wakeboarding, white water rafting, skiing, hiking, along with others activities ....



Some of my personal life: I majored in “Environmental Science” in college the Hawaii and have my bachelors of science degree in Environmental Studies. Although I have no formal training in art it has always been a hobby and a passion. I have always found a way to stay involved somewhat with art whether it is painting murals for various projects or designing logos and flyers. I have recently been "blessed" with the opportunity to illustrate the sequel to Gino the Minnow (environmentalist pet) written by Scott W Wolford.
I enjoy collaborating and supporting other local artists as well as artists I know from different places I have lived.  Jen King’s work with ceramics is unique and creative and Adam Louie, a friend and photographer, has captured some of the splendor of our landscape and geographical features here.



My life also includes other activities besides painting as swimming, hiking and running round in Shasta County enjoy. I like being active and spending time outdoors with my family. I try to take advantage of weather conditions Redding, located at the top of the Central Valley in California, where the climate is temperate.
Immersing ourselves in the kind of "impression" I do. I mainly use acrylic paint on canvas, but I painted some murals on different surfaces with different media.
When I capture something on the canvas, my inspiration often comes from the waters, the nature of these "unique" creatures and quirky characters that I found while working at the Waikiki Aquarium, Hawaii,-while I was in college-.



My paintings are decorated with vivid colors and contrast. I do a little painting "alla prima" (n.e.: It is a technical style or painting where, instead of building layer by layer the colors, the painting is completed in one session while the paint is still fresh "Alla premium "comes from Italian and means 'the first'), but I am very fond of painting" base "or creating a base paint and glazing. (n.e: technique of glazing oil painting was a popular method used by the Flemish and Dutch painters from the 1400’s style were developed by Jan van Eyck, one of the first masters of oil painting with this. seeks bright realistic colors).



In large parts of several panels is useful to plot the location of my subjects initially with pencil. The beauty of using acrylics, is his ability to create layers of color, I take ...
I like to paint outdoors, but when the paint is very warm acrylic dries faster so it is necessary to return to the prior art. Those are my preference because I find it easier to work while cleaning my lines I focus on those details in my works.
I paint often for peace of mind as a kind of therapy but find inspiration all around me.  In flowers I see at the market, the color of the sky, watching children play or my sister Lexie Kelly swim (n.e.: Lexie Kally, open water swimmer, participates FINA World Grand Prix circuit).  I am motivated by positive attitude and trying to find a bit of beauty in everything.  I also loved living in Hawaii so at any time can think of a special beach or vantage point from the island and find instant inspiration.



I would paint all day every day if I could!  For now paint in the morning when my home.
I definitely prefer some type of background noise when I paint whether it is the sound of my son’s voice, music or the news.  Music is great because I can always find something to “match my mood” or compliment the tone of the art I am working on.
I have done large pieces that have taken forty hours or so because of all of the detail and the size.  Sometimes I have several pieces that I am working on for various projects simultaneously and stop and start as time permits. Others take only an hour. I can be much more efficient of course if I have a clear vision of what I want the painting to look like however sometimes eliminating the "element surprise" takes some of the fun.



Also I have my personal preferences, love Colleen Wilcox art. (n.e.: is an artist who lives in Honolulu, Hawaii. She likes to paint with acrylic on canvas and creating designs of surfboards and accessories. Their stylized flowers, swirls and waves are inspired by the observation nature. Colleen artistic style is steeped in emotion, vibrant energy, and dynamic movement. Their work expresses a love of island life and appreciation for the natural beauty of Hawaii).
I have been painting recently different subjects on request (some people have asked me to paint photos of a favorite place, a pet or a theme.)  I like being able to make something personal for people and I am eager to continue working.

The opinions we leave for our readers ...
Thank you very much for sharing your works Alecia!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario